Here are some ways we can live out our discipleship and grow in faith as we participate directly in serving at First. Contact the church office for more information
- Meets on the third Tuesday of the month at 10:00
AMin the downstairs dining room. Dorcas, mentioned in Acts, was a well-loved member of her community who was a talented seamstress. Thus, the Dorcas Circle sews quilts that are sent to the central distribution center for Lutheran World Relief in Baltimore. The Need for quilts has been identified over the years throughout the world. Each year the Dorcas Circle completes between 15-20 quilts. Contact Joanne Baulch.
Mary & Martha Circle
- Meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 10:00
AMin the conference room on the main floor. Sisters Mary and Martha welcomed Jesus into their home during His ministry. Their main purpose is to provide hospitality, meals, and comfort to families of our congregation in need. Contact Cyndie McConnell.
Room In the Inn
- Bi-weekly from November to March each year. When Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem, they searched for accommodations at the local inn, but none were found, forcing them to sleep outside. Through the Room In the Inn project, we provide meals, showers, and a warm bed for the night to homeless men of Nashville during the coldest months of the year. If you’d like to directly impact the lives of the homeless in Nashville, please participate in this program by contacting Lisa Kafader.
Room in the Inn
Second Harvest Food Bank
- Second Sunday of the month. Bring nonperishable food items to the worship service to donate to Second Harvest Food Bank. Second Harvest uses your donations to feed your hungry Tennessee neighbors, including families and children. The collection is located next to the entrance to the church.
Second Harvest Food Bank
Habitat for Humanity
- In the fall of each year, the people of First participate in the Habitat for Humanity Unity Build. The Unity Build brings together 20 to 30 houses of worship across the Greater Nashville Area to provide affordable housing to a family in need. First provides a monetary sponsorship, build volunteers, and meals for build volunteers. For more information, contact Ron Tharp.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
St. Paul Sunday Breakfast
- On the last Sunday of the month, families of First Lutheran serve breakfast to the women and children who stay at the Nashville Women’s Rescue mission in Germantown.