ReFocusing – want to know more?
Pastor George wil give a short presentation along with Q & A time at 11:00 a.m. Sunday Feb. 23rd in the Gernert Room. You can also pick-up a copy of the booklet The ABC’s of ReFocusing in the Gernert Room, or the Narthex for more information. Circle March 7th on your calendar and attend Summit # 1 – Where have we been? From 8:30 – 12 noon. . . Your input is crucial, and you’ll be glad you did!!
- 2020 OFFERING ENVELOPES – We still have several set of offering envelopes for the 2020 that have not been picked-up. They have been set out in the Narthex. Please make sure you have taken your. If you no longer wish to receive a packet of envelopes, let our bookkeeper Jackie Harris know so you can be taken off the list for next year.
- Fake Email requests. Over the last couple of weeks, staff and members at First have received fake email requests through First’s website supposedly from Pastor George, asking them to purchase gift cards of one kind or another to help someone in need. Pastor George will NOT request such a favor from you via email. We are sorry for any difficulty this may have caused.
- Room in the Inn at First Lutheran Church every Monday night until March.
Please consider signing up to spend the night on either Mondays, March 16th or March 30th at First Lutheran or consider hosting a meal on March 16th for the men of Room in the Inn. The sign-up board is located in the Gernert Room. We are also collecting supplies for our Room in the Inn ministry. Please place your donations in the Room in the Inn bin located in the Gernert Room or in the Narthex.
- Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras Pancake Supper here at the church February 25th at 6:00 p.m. Sign-up sheets are in the Gernert Room and also in the Narthex.
- The Dorcas Circle will be meeting February 25th at 10:00a.m. Used sheets are needed for quilting. For fitted sheets size needs to be queen, for flats sheets size can be full, queen or king.
- The 113 Club will meet Thursday, February 27th at 11:15 a.m. at The Hermitage House Smorgasbord, 3131 Lebanon Pike, Nashville, TN. 37214.
- Inspiritus Nashville Open House Sunday, March 1, 2020 3:00 – 5:30 p.m., at the former St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 1628 Rosa Parks Blvd. Nashville, TN. 37208. CEO John Moeller and Regional Director Janet Arning will be sharing the vision and future of Inspiritus Nashville. Meet LeeAnn Love, My Canvas co- ounder, and lead Art Therapist. Tour the property, hear the stories of participants and volunteers, and see how Inspiritus changes lives! Refreshments will be served.
- Wednesdays in Lent at First. Join the First Lutheran faith community on Wednesdays in Lent for food, fellowship and worship. A meal will be shared beginning at 6:00 p.m. with a worship service under the theme “Cross Purposes” following at 6:45 p.m. in the chapel. The main course will be provided but side dishes, salads and desserts are needed as well as help with set up and clean up. If you can provide a dish or otherwise lend a hand please contact Jesse Riggs at 615-972-0942. The dates are March 4, 11, 18, 25 and April 1. Thank you!
Love Compels Us to Give
On special occasions like Valentine’s Day, we give to those we love. Love
prompts us to give. Valentine’s Day is a big occasion for card companies
like Hallmark. Hallmark’s slogan is, “When you care enough to send the best,
send a Hallmark.” God cared enough to send his best, but it wasn’t just a
card or even a messenger. Motivated by love for us, he sent his son, not
only the best, but the perfect gift (John 3:16). Let us seek to emulate
God’s love by giving our very best.
Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, I thank you that your love is so great that
you have withheld nothing. I thank you for the most indescribable gift, the
gift of your son who lived the perfect life and died and rose again so we
can live as forgiven and redeemed people. In response to your goodness, I
return to you the gifts you’ve given me and offer you the praise that
belongs to you. Help me to serve you by serving others. Through Christ, who
came not to be served but to serve, I pray. Amen.
Blessings on your stewardship journey!