- Sharing the good news of Christ’s grace, forgiveness, love and peace through our Lutheran tradition.
- Loving the Lord with all our heart, all our soul and all our mind (Matthew 22:36-40); to love our neighbors as ourselves (Matthew 28:16-20); and to be disciples of Christ who serve the poor, captive, blind and oppressed (Luke 4:14-21).
- Enabling all who desire to share their time and talents through worship, leadership, fellowship, and ministry.
- Living through faith, love through action, and seek justice for our neighbors.
- Nurturing the children in our congregation and community, providing Christian education and fellowship throughout their youth.
- Being a place for families of any description or makeup to worship and thrive together in faith and fellowship.
- Welcoming all God’s children, whatever your age, the color of your skin, the contents of your wallet, no matter whom you love, how you speak, and whatever your abilities or disabilities: For in Christ Jesus all are reconciled to God.
Seeking to embody God’s loving grace, the people of First Evangelical Lutheran Church are called by the Holy Spirit to:
- Welcome and nurture all people.
- Reach out and respond to the needs of our downtown Nashville community and the world.
- Grow in faith through Lutheran worship and fellowship.
- Develop, care for, and share our gifts and resources.
As a faith community empowered by God’s grace to live in and act through Christ, we share love through worship, service, ministry, and fellowship.