Committees are central to the organization and governance of the congregation. We always need more help on committees, which provide a way for members to directly participate in the activities and mission of the church.
- First Lutheran has a rich history. This committee maintains and organizes documents, artifacts, photos, and audio/visual recordings that have permanent value to the congregation and others. For more information contact John Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian Education and Youth
- This committee oversees all aspects of Christian education for youth and adults. It coordinates the staffing of Sunday School classes and the nursery, and oversees all programs involving the youth in conjunction with the Youth Coordinator, which include many events, outings and fundraisers. For more information contact Jenneen Kaufman: email@example.com
Facilities and Finance
- This committee sees to the proper maintenance and protection of all property of the congregation. Six subcommittees report back to this committee. For more information contact Robert Baulch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Long Range Planning
- This committee develops data about changes in our congregation and community so that the Congregation Council can effectively evaluate our mission and plan for the future. The committee also accepts special assignments which have long-range implications for our congregational life and ministry. For more information contact John Marshall: email@example.com
- This committee oversees many of the social ministry programs of the congregation. Our congregation participates in Room in The Inn from November –March. We have 8 guests spend the night and provide meals, a clothing closet, a shower and personal care items. Our congregation is in a partnership with a local elementary school, Buena Vista. We provide money for field trips, school supplies, and food for students and many of our members volunteer at the school. Our congregation supplies financial support and volunteers for numerous local organizations. For more information contact Lisa Kafader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP (Evangelism, Promotion)
- This committee provides opportunities to welcome new members, sponsors new member activities, and tries to help all members become active participants in our church home. For more information contact Carl Stasiunas: email@example.com.
Worship and Music
- This committee works with Pastor and the Music Director to plan and coordinate services through the year. They oversee the Altar Guild, Ushers, Children’s Choir, and Adult Choir. Special instrumental ensembles frequently enhance the church services. For more information contact Paul West-Osterfield: firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Sherri Hodde for the Altar Guild.