Blessing Bags/Manna Bags – We are starting a new program at First Lutheran this year. We will be assembling and distributing blessing/manna bags. These bags will be in a large zip lock bag. In each bag, we will put 3 or 4 snack items, some personal care items and an inspirational message. Every week in October, we will be collecting different items. We will have a collection bin in the nave and outside the chapel.
* Oct 1- Men’s or Women athletic socks
* Oct 8- individually wrapped nonperishable snack items. No homemade treats please. Suggestions would be any type of granola bar, raisins, peanut butter crackers and peanuts.
* Oct 15 -Hand Sanitizer or a small container of wipes
* Oct 22 -Small Vaseline or a chap stick
* October- 29 Women sanitary items and gum
After we collect the items, a time will be scheduled for the members to assemble the bags and give to the homeless or less fortunate.